There are many rapid changes in every industry and so is in the medical industry, it is changing the lives of millions of people daily. Medical investment casting means introduction and changing new things to the medical industry like surgical instruments, machines, medical implants, and other medical devices. The medical investment castings have different capabilities including different materials, different sizes, production volume, different and vast use of technologies and production techniques.
Products of Medical Investment Castings
- Operating tables and surgical room equipment
- Tibial Trays
- Surgical Instruments
- Keel Punches
- Patella Sizers
- Elbow, Shoulder and Wrist Components
- Dental Tools
- X-Ray equipment
- Stretchers, wheelchairs and similar products
- Injury Stabilizing Devices
The Need for Investment Casting for Medical Application
Investments castings are basically used in the medical related applications where some multiplex components are involved. The investment casting basically offers a wide range of medical application in grades of steel and aluminum. It uses some amount of lost wax to produce/ manufacture these products. Investment casting is an effective and amazing method for medical products and components.
The Process of Medical Investment Castings
- First Lost Wax method is used to produce the parts
- Then the semi-automatic casting process is controlled by the computers
- The investment achieves great results with good quality.
- After casting is completed, then we will move forward to the removal of the burrs to make the surface smooth.
- Later on, if there are to be any changes made or any further requirements so many treatments can be given like
- Heat treatment
- Surface Coatings etc
- The process involved in medical investment castings is very simple and cost-saving, not a very expensive method.
- Mostly aluminium is used in Investment casting and aluminium is available at a cheaper rate so, it is also feasible.
- Investment casting is used in many industries other than the medical industry such as gas, oil, food service etc
- It comes with the highest degree of quality
- It leads to an increase in care of the patients and focuses on the problems in order to reduce them.
- Castings are available in various sizes
- They have tight tolerances
- It is an efficient method to manufacture products and parts
- It serves improved surface to promote the integration of bones.
Investment casting involves a three-dimensional pattern which is used to make a mold or we can say it as an investment also. The moment the metal gets hard, the manufacturer tends to remove it to reveal its real casting part. Many manufacturers make prototype and mass produce the components essential to take care of the patient and therapeutic technologies.
Popular Material used in Medical Investment Casting
- Stainless steel
As slowly and gradually technology is changing rapidly and the demand for health care is increasing and will be on the peak in the coming time, so indirectly it is increasing the demand for medical investment castings to serve the patients better and bring a change in this industry in order to have a fast growth and touch heights.